Direct To Garment
Is direct to garment the same as sublimation?
Direct to garment printers are specially built inkjet printers for traditional cotton and blend t-shirts. They use an eco-friendly water-based ink that is jetted directly on the surface of the shirt.
Advantages of Direct to Garment
Direct to garment offers a large number of advantages over other traditional printing methods.
- Large range of colour options
- Can be used for detailed and broad designs
- Extremely fast process
- Available for both mass production and short production runs
- Low setup costs make it easy to access
- Works on coloured garments as well
- Accurate reproduction and high-quality results
- Water-based, making it eco-friendly
Disadvantages of Direct to Garment
- Limited to cotton garments
- Limited to white garments
- Not cost-effective for mass production
- Can be a little slower than other methods
- Limited design placement